AMINA- A STORY OF POLISH REVERT

AMINA- A STORY OF POLISH REVERT

Salam everyone I want to share you the story of my friend Amina who is Polish and lives in Poland who embraced Islam after hearing the adhan (azan) in Poland (I didn't even know u would hear somewhere azan in Poland in public). English is her second language btw. It is very inspirational makes you realise just how the call to prayers of Adhan in a non-Muslim country can be a path to open the doors of Islam to people and here is her story. I am awed of her family acceptance. I am aware that there are many stories of people who come to Islam but it is pretty rare to read one from a person in Poland ;) but Alhamdulillah Amina informed that after telling two girls about Islam in Poland they both embraced Islam as well. May Allah guide us to give good Dawah Ameen. My Muslim name is Amina and as it suggests I 'converted' to Islam. Many people ask me how did it happen that a person from Europe and especially a country like Poland with a strong historical background of church and Christianity got interested in Qur'an. I always reply that it's due to my nature- curious rebellious. I was never kind of blind believer as well. Or maybe it was all determined by my name given to me at baptism- Eve.it's well known that the first person with that name couldn't also just sit right back in paradise and enjoy the view.

Anyhow to make it justice let's start from the very beginning...

I was born and raised in normal Roman-Catholic family in Poland. At an early age, I was enchanted with the church and the Bible. Almost daily mass being in the church's choir helping in ceremonies attending religious lectures. I was really into practising the faith I was born in. I even wanted to be a nun! Yet as time went by and I grew up more questions and contradictions were arising within me which I just couldn't ignore. I tried to find answers understand but satisfying explanations weren't coming.

The breakthrough came with high school time I guess. As a 15-year-old teen, I cut myself from church and started my research for truth and God.went through a lot of religious reading philosophies etc. Basically, for a few years, I lived without any religion yet with the belief that there is a God I want to find.

Then one day a few months before my 18th birthday something drew my attention. I was visiting my aunt for a few days in a different city. I was walking down the street kinda lost as I took the wrong bus and instead of getting to the big shopping Mall I arrived in a completely unknown district. So there I was trying to get to a bus stop in the opposite direction to where I came from when all of sudden I heard something absolutely new for me. Now I know it was the Adhan (call to prayer). I remember very well how it sounded and how it made me feel. It was truly God's call as I just couldn't resist and went into the building that it was coming from.

I had a small talk with the Imam there borrowed a few Islamic books and this is how it started. It took me almost a year and a half until one day I decided to accept Islam as my religion and till today at the age of 27 I've never regretted my choice. Of course, that doesn't mean that life since that time is going smooth or that now I don't struggle with questions and doubts of course not. I'm not living in a dream nor fairytale. Like, everyone, I have my ups and downs yet now after becoming Muslim many things make sense to me and I'm more at peace. I've really evolved.

It wasn't an easy decision but at the same time, it wasn't difficult as well. I was never ladette (loud) though also not over-serious. My family accepted my choice practically without any problems. Maybe it's because Islam is not only a religion but a way of living and a very similar lifestyle we used to have. Either way, the result is good. There is still much I have to learn and digest though but most importantly that first step was already made... peace.

source-https://tauheed-sunnat.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

life lessons by mufti menk-16

life lesson by mufti menk-236